Thursday, November 4, 2010

Half Truths and the Press / Nov 3, 2010

I found myself entering a comment to a MSNBC Article on the internet today. I just couldn’t help but be dismayed by the manner in which the article was titled.

I feel there is a great alarm in the universal force here. I believe the chasm between the haves and the have nots is now assured of widening. My real concern and disappointment is that most voters are not even cognizant of this reality.

It's not surprising though. A large majority of people simply want to be told what to think and do, and not have to think for themselves. Those that have the cash can say whatever they like and be assured that people will see it in the press, regardless of what they say. The press however should know better! The title of the article I read is a prime example of half-truths that are thrust before the lemmings repeatedly. I believe the title was approximately "Americans Say No to Obama's Agenda!" The half-truth... Yes, SOME Americans do feel that way... BUT OTHERS don't. And only a small percentage of American vote! So why can't the press honestly elaborate in print on the source of these assertions. Who was questioned... A lemmings just coming out of a Red State voting booth or free thinkers? John Stewart was bludgeoned by the press for voicing the truth last Saturday. I can only hope that somewhere in the future those masses of people that can't see this will regain their eyesight and gain an understanding of what's going on.”

No comments:

Post a Comment